I admit…I’m not really a chicken salad fan (and neither is anyone in my family except my husband)…mostly because most recipes use canned chicken.
But…this one is good and made from chicken I cooked myself!
The other day I got a whole chicken and cooked it in the crockpot all day (I made chicken & noodle soup…so good).
But the chicken had quite a bit more meat on it than we really needed for our soup, so I saved it and used it to make this chicken apple salad.
It’s naturally gluten free and can be served in a lettuce leaf or on gluten free bread to keep it that way.
- ½ C plain yogurt
- ½ C mayonnaise
- 1 Red Delicious apple, peeled and chopped
- 12 red grapes, cut into ¼ or ⅛ths
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 TBSP sweet onion, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon
- 4 C shredded cooked chicken
- Mix yogurt and mayonnaise
- Stir in the apples, grapes, celery and onion.
- Sprinkle in the tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken and stir well.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow flavors to mix.
This would be great for a picnic!
Check out the Cinnamon Apple Bacon Muffins too!