Apple Butter is something sooo yummy that just screams Fall as it goes down into your belly!
But…it takes forever to make!
This is an easy Apple Butter recipe that is sure to please your family.
Did you know…as I was making this my husband said, “I’ve never had apple butter.”
What? Well, now he has and he liked it!
I like to eat this on toast or muffins (gluten free for me) for breakfast.
Also, if you’ve gone apple picking recently, just core, peel and chop your apples and put them in a food processor making your own applesauce!
- 32 oz. jar of applesauce
- 1½ C dark brown sugar
- ½ C vinegar
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour applesauce into a 2 qt. casserole dish.
- Stir in the brown sugar.
- Add vinegar. Stir for 30 seconds with a spatula to combine.
- Add spices and stir.
- Bake for 120 minutes…stirring every 30 minutes.
- Remove mixture when thick and desired consistency.
- Allow to partially cool.
- Pour into 2 separate canning jars once completely cooled.
- Store in refrigerator.
Check out my other apple recipes:
Are you ready for Fall and all the yummy apple smells in the house?
Need help with meal planning? Click here.