Let’s face it…we all like candy.
And I TOTALLY remember having to lay out all of my Halloween candy on the table for my babysitter to inspect it. Little did I know, she was really just taking first dibs on the kinds she liked!
Now that I’m the mom…I totally do the same thing. But I also ration out the candy to my kids. And right now, a year later, we still have a ton of left over candy.
So I thought that maybe we could come up with a list of some Halloween candy alternatives.
Halloween Candy Alternatives
1. Money – The little old lady down the street sits out in her driveway and gives the kids pennies…they LOVE it!
3. Coupons – Check with your local restaurants to see if they have any “free ice cream with purchase” coupons.
4. Spider Rings – You can order a bag of spider rings off Amazon.
5. Juice boxes – You can actually get large quantities of these pretty cheap. Check out Amazon.
6. Pencils – A Halloween themed pencil will last them until at least Thanksgiving.
7. Play-doh – They all like Play-doh…although the parents won’t be so happy with you in a few days when they’re picking it out of the carpet…or the dog.
8. Bookmark – Maybe a fun bookmark will encourage them to actually pick up a book?
9. Halloween Rubber Duckies – A vampire rubber ducky is bound to make everyone smile.
10. Stickers – Stickers are always hit…ok unless maybe it’s the 16 yr olds at the door.
I hope this list gives you some alternatives to Halloween candy this year.
Can you think of anything else that I should add to the list?