Last summer I turned 40 and it was like I was instantly old! Every time I talk to a dr about a symptom, they just look at me and say, “Yep, you’re 40 now.”
Do all of your organs suddenly petrify at once?
It’s like there’s some conspiracy to make me LOOK my age even when I’ve always prided myself on NOT looking my age.
I told my eye dr that I was having trouble reading things on my iPhone. He told me to just hold it farther away!
Are you kidding me?
Just check my contacts dude…I’m sure there’s something wrong with THEM.
So I thought I’d do a post about the top 5 things that bug me about getting old (because really this list could be the top 1000 things and there’d STILL be more to complain about…wait is that a sign of getting old too?)
Things I HATE about getting old:
5. Instead of makeup actually making you look better, it suddenly makes you look worse. It sits in all of your lines, actually accentuating the negative instead of hiding it. Makeup now makes you look like…well, like an old lady!
4. Gray (white in my case) hairs have to stand straight up…like a flag waving to passersby…shouting “Hey, I’m old and graying! Look at me!”
3. I used to be able to skip lunch and lose 5 lbs. Now I could skip lunch and dinner for a week and go to the gym for an hour every day and I’d still only lose an ounce.
2. Having to use wrinkle cream AND zit cream at night!
1. Chin Hair?! Where did this come from and why is it white too!!!
Anything you hate about getting old?
PS – Don’t get me wrong…I am glad that I have the chance to get old, but there are some adjustments that come with age.